About Verge X ONErpm:
Verge Records, an independent label that was founded in 2006 and founded the global music company ONErpm, was restarted in June 2019 with music producer, publisher and artist manager Mickey Jack Cones at the helm. Verge is a genre-independent record label based in Nashville, TN. It has two goals: To invest in exceptional musical talent to help artists succeed and to create positive social change through the combined power of music and education by donating a portion of the annual proceeds to charitable musical causes. Verge Records is the best of both worlds – a digital and traditional record label hybrid that offers the full range of support from audio / video / content creation to streaming, YouTube and radio (trigger based) advertising . Verge uses ONErpm’s global presence to cultivate and take advantage of opportunities for its roster.
About the role:
This position focuses on developing and executing marketing campaigns for country-specific projects and coordinating the overall marketing strategy for the Verge Records brand. This role requires extensive communication, coordination and implementation. The ideal candidate would have a long history of implementing a release rollout strategy and a proven track record in country music. A key focus of this role is coordinating internal and external specialist teams, including design, content production and strategy. You can work well with partners to achieve marketing goals and provide functional support. As part of the Verge Records team under the ONErpm umbrella, you will have the opportunity to work with a talented and diverse group from the A&R and marketing teams.
- Develop and maintain close relationships with streaming platforms and label partners
- Make regular direct contact with artists, artist management, and estates to communicate plans and expectations for label opportunities
- Look for new strategic partnerships to accelerate and grow key performance indicators
- Use data and space knowledge to determine the overall budgeting strategy for campaigns while also having a deep understanding of streaming music
- Create and implement cost effective advertising and marketing campaigns for artists at all levels
- Monitor the institutional development of Verge Records items, including social media, newsletters and sponsorship
- Develop relevant and creative marketing plans, set schedules, manage budgets, and implement meeting those requirements
- Work closely with our internal digital marketing and content teams, sales partners, and external industry partners
- Create and coordinate special activations in connection with album releases, specific tour dates and other events
- Find, negotiate, and develop brand relationships for artists, events, content product placement, and beyond for increased awareness and sales
- Obtain, engage, and monitor traditional, digital, outdoor, radio, and other promotional campaigns
- Strong experience working in the country music industry is a must.
- Professional network of contacts within the music industry to support the development of the Verge label
- Contact with various budget funds for artist marketing
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with creative teams
- Knowledge of industry-standard marketing tools and best practices
- In-depth knowledge of streaming platforms and playlisting, brand management / artist development / public relations, digital marketing, social networks and digital tools
- History of creative marketing and audience engagement with music
- Creativity and willingness to think outside the box
- Ability to manage high volume communications (phone calls and email) and meetings.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute a wide variety of heavy workload, tight deadline tasks
- Professional marketing experience with a large label, entertainment company or comparable organization – usually 5 years or more
- General knowledge of all departments within a label, including digital, advertising, A&R, creative, production, and advertising.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills