BBB Pacific Southwest and GoDaddy Offer Advice to Small Business Owners This Holiday Season
Navigating the holiday season and new year as a small business can be challenging. With limited resources and an overwhelming number of support tools, it can be difficult to decide where to concentrate efforts and find success.
The path of entrepreneurship is filled with both challenges and opportunities.
Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest (BBB) has partnered with
Empower by GoDaddy to provide training, digital tools, resources, and networks to support business growth for local entrepreneurs.
Employing these tips will enhance entrepreneurs’ business strategies as they approach the busy holiday season, and get a jump start on a course for success in the new year.
Advice entrepreneurs can add to their toolkit from Empower by GoDaddy Communications Manager, Ebony Janelle:
- Building a business takes time. Be patient with yourself and your progress, but also make use of the tools and technology available to you. Rapidly evolving AI Technology is a great way to accelerate your growth as a small business – create content, enhance productivity, simplify and support tasks like customer service, social media management, and even assist in marketing and scaling your venture.
- Activate social media accounts. If you use social media to connect with your customers emotionally, you’ll be able to build trust and establish positive sentiments with your business. This will help encourage them to purchase with you instead of one of your competitors. Get personal and create and share social media content that will pull at your customers’ heartstrings.
- Explore new social media platforms. Social media is an extension of your overall digital marketing efforts, allowing you to connect with new and existing customers and build a sphere of influence through those channels. TikTok is emerging as one of the most popular and powerful social media platforms. Build a strategy that will increase the growth of your audience, highlight your product, and boost brand awareness. Understand the TikTok algorithm, consider your audience, know your competition, and hop on trends.
- Engage in email marketing. If you’ve noticed several subscribers haven’t been opening emails, now is the time to start a re-engagement campaign to get those customers interested in your business again. Promo codes and specials with expiration dates will help with engagement and create urgency.
- Create effective visuals to support your marketing campaigns. Develop a theme for your holiday campaign that can be woven into everything you do. A character, mascot, slogan, color scheme, or style, and consistency in your holiday ad visuals will get you noticed quickly by customers and followers. This approach will also allow you to build a solid, recognizable company brand.
- Seek out a community of support. For many small businesses and solo-prenuers, enlisting in a support system can be a lifesaver. The BBB and Empower by GoDaddy Main St. Business Accelorator offers a 10 week, intensive program to increase revenue, improve online presence and grow ethically with the support of expert mentors. Join the waitlist for the 2024 cohort beginning in March at com.
Public Relations and Outreach Opportunities
If you’d like to speak to an inclusive entrepreneurship expert, please reach out to Empower by GoDaddy Communications Manager, Ebony Janelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BBB encourages businesses to operate with integrity, and helps consumers make wise marketplace decisions. Our innovative approach to business growth provides the tools that companies and entrepreneurs need to build better businesses. Become BBB Accredited and join our mission to create a community of trust. Published with permission from Better Business Bureau.
About the Better Business Bureau Serving the Pacific Southwest
Better Business Bureau has empowered people to find businesses, brands, and charities they can trust for more than 110 years. In 2022, people turned to BBB more than 250 million times for BBB Business Profiles on more than 5.3 million businesses and Charity Reports on about 12,000 charities, all available for free at BBB.org. The International Association of Better Business Bureaus is the umbrella organization for the local, independent BBBs in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Incorporated locally in 1938, BBB Serving the Pacific Southwest serves Greater Arizona and Southern California, providing critical tools to ignite success including mentorship, online products, coworking and access to capital. Our objective expertise educates the community on ethical behavior in the marketplace and how businesses can build trust.